Jan 31, 2013

Song featured in TV commercial and new EP release!

It’s been a good week for ol’ Josh Niehaus! I received (totally out of the blue) an email from a non-profit company in England that raises money for children with diabetes called Diabetes Concerts Foundation. I had never heard of them before, and they had only just discovered me through an exhaustive online search of the song “Take Me Home, Country Roads”, which I recorded a version of. It turns out that they have an upcoming advertising campaign called “Take Me Home”, and they couldn’t find the right music for it anywhere. They had almost scrapped the whole idea before they found my version of John Denver’s classic on youtube. It’s hard to believe that a video I uploaded years ago of a song I recorded for a school project is “the most suited music” for an ad campaign of a company 4,700 miles away! But, Google bless them, they have licensed my recording for a TV commercial that is set to appear before “4.5 million viewers a week” in England sometime in 2013! 

I’m hoping this might be the kickstart that every independent artist needs to help move off of the digital shelves and into playlists around the world. I also decided that I would use this occasion to “relaunch” myself, much in the same way Mitt Romney did after already running two years for president. It didn’t work out for him (and it probably shouldn’t be allowed), but I figured that I have come a long way since I recorded and mixed my previous projects. I am proud of how far my recordings have come and this feels like a better place to start from. With that in mind I have taken down my previous projects and I will begin releasing a series of new (and old) music, starting today with my newest EP, Josh Niehaus Begins


Josh Niehaus Begins Album Cover. Photo by Carly Israel. 

I really want to thank everyone who has followed, liked, listened and supported me over the years. I may have a modest following, but it’s enough to encourage me to continue and remain optimistic that great things are still in store. 

Please check out my new EP, Josh Niehaus Begins. It’s available on iTunes @

U.S.

Canada

U.K.

Stay tuned for an updated music video of Take Me Home, Country Roads, and a TV ad featuring my recording in it soon! 

More info on Diabetes Concerts Foundation check @ http://www.diabetesconcerts.org/

Josh Niehaus Begins includes “The Last Song”, “Morning Light”, and “Take Me Home, Country Roads”. 

Special thanks to Dowell Davis, who played drums on “The Last Song” and “Morning Light”. And to Chris Baker, who played guitar and sang backup vocals on “Take Me Home, Country Roads”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment