Feb 9, 2011

Make It A Dream- Repost

Jesus, this project is taking forever! And speaking of J.C., he is the subject matter of the first song I am sending out to the world from my nearly finished project! 

Why Jesus? Aren’t you Jewish?  
I think that Jesus is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, passion-inciting figures in our world. You feel that Holy Spirit bubbling through you and you want to scream hallelujah, speak in tongues, pass-out, cleanse the Earth, purge the wicked... or so I’m told. But just because I don’t feel it, doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate it. And so I wanted to create a story of a man, in this case a murderous sociopath who longs to win the affection of his love, his God, and prays that He will rid him of his lust for blood, or show him who to use it on! It’s a slightly unconventional love story, about the power of Christian love. 

As for me being Jewish, is it weird that I wrote this song? I don’t think so. I see it as the flip side of Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas”. In fact there are quite a few famous Jewish songwriters and performers who have taken on this very subject matter (through a variety of narratives), like Norman Greenbaum, Paul Simon, Neil Diamond, Barbara Streisand, Irving Berlin, Kenny G, Bob Dylan, Barry Manilow and Josh Niehaus. 

Listen to Make It A Dream :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment